Navega el navegante, aunque sepa que jamás tocará las estrellas que lo guían

¡Salud a la cofradía trotacalle y trotamundo!


sábado, 4 de junio de 2016

Freedom Better Now

3 de junio de 2016... murió en la noche, dijo el comunicado.


Muhammad Ali & Michael Jackson







Freedom Better Now
By Muhammad Ali

Better far from all I see
To die fighting to be Free
What more fitting end could be?

Better surely than in some bed
Where in broken health I'm led
Lingering until I'm dead

Better than with prayers and pleas
Or in the clutch of some disease
Wasting slowly by degrees

Better than a heart attack
or some dose of drug I lack
Let me die by being Black

Better far that I should go
Standing here against the foe
Is the sweeter death to know

Better than the bloody stain
on some highway where I'm lain
Torn by flying glass and pane

Better calling death to come
than to die another dumb,
muted victim in the slum

Better than of this prison rot
if there's any choice I've got
Kill me here on the spot

Better for my fight to wage
Now while my blood boils with rage
Less it cool with ancient age

Better violent for us to die
Than to Uncle Tom and try
Making peace just to live a lie

Better now that I say my Sooth
I'm gonna die demanding Truth
While I'm still akin to youth

Better now than later on
Now that fear of death is gone
Never mind another dawn.


versos de Imagen de la victoria 

años después, y con el mismo tiempo
detenido en tus ojos, detenido en tu mano
igual temblor de plumas y propuesta de vuelo.

Maria Victoria Atencia

No hay comentarios: